When a child is born in the United States, they are issued a birth certificate. This document is that individual’s proof of identification and also used by the government for population monitoring and record keeping purposes. When it is lost of damaged, you will need to get a birth certificate replacement.
Here are the most common reasons we process replacement requests for birth certificates:
- Signing a child up for participation in a camp or sports team
- Registration of a child in school
- Getting a driver’s license
- Getting a passport
- Obtaining a marriage license
- Genealogy buffs often order birth certificate
- Employers can ask for a copy of your birth certificate
- You will need a certified birth certificate to get a social security number
How to Get a Replacement Birth Certificate
You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate online, simply fill out our order form and have a photo copy of your driver’s license or state issued identification ready to attach to your order. Depending on the time service and state you need a birth certificate from, you can get your birth certificate in mere days.